Congratulations to the winners of China ACE Awards 2013!
China ACE Awards 2013 – Broadcom, Texas Instruments, Freescale Semiconductor, NXP Semiconductors, Analog Devices and Agilent Technologies among winners
Awards ceremony held during International IC-China Conference & Exhibition in Shenzhen; Broadcom named Company of the Year for the second time;
Wayne Dai of VeriSilicon honored as Executive of the Year
SHENZHEN, March 1, 2013 Analog Devices, Texas Instruments, NXP Semiconductors, Freescale Seminiconductor, Broadcom and Agilent Technologies are among the winners of the China Annual Creativity in Electronics (ACE) Awards 2013, presented during a reception held today in conjunction with the 18th International IC-China Conference & Exhibition(IIC-China), which is running until March 2, 2013 at the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center.
“The China ACE Awards honors the people, companies and technologies behind the rapid advances and innovations in mainland China’s electronics industry. All winners and finalists have played an outstanding role in improving the design and performances of the country’s products,” said Brandon Smith, President of Global Sources’ joint venture subsidiary eMedia Asia Ltd.
Yorbe Zhang, Chief Executive Analyst and head of the selection panel, said: “Broadcom, which has been voted Company of the Year, is a case in point. For mainland China’s fast-growing and fiercely competitive smartphone and tablet PC markets, Broadcom has introduced BCM4335 and BCM43340 integrated wireless access chipsets, which help manufacturers reduce size, cost and power consumption.”
IDC China predicted that strong end-user demand and an appetite for lower-priced smartphones would make mainland China the largest market for smartphones in 2012. And the third quarter of 2012 also saw an astounding 62.5 percent year-over-year growth in mainland China’s tablet market.
Broadcom also won Company of the Year in 2011.
“This year, we see more local fabless companies among the winners, which reflects the growing importance of mainland players in the mainland China market,” Smith added.
Executive of the Year, an Editors’ Choice Award, went to Wayne Dai, CEO and President of VeriSilicon. Dai was recognized for his role in driving the development of mainland China’s IC industry through pioneering semiconductor standard cell libraries in the mainland. Today, most local foundries such as SMIC, Grace Semiconductor and Hua Hong NEC Electronics use VeriSilicon’s standard cell libraries.
This year’s Innovator of the Year, Zhu Yiming, CEO and President of GigaDevice Semiconductor , has led his R&D team in developing the first Serial Flash chip, the first static memory and IP technology and the first GigaROM product in mainland China.
Winners of the Editors’ Choice Awards were selected by a panel of senior industry analysts from EE Times-China. The Company and Product Awards were determined through public online voting in December 2012 and January 2013, from a shortlist of finalists chosen by the panel.
China ACE Awards 2013 – Company Award winners by category are (in alphabetical order):
• Company of the Year – Broadcom
• Most Promising New Technology of the Year – ARM (Corte™-A50), NVIDIA (Tegra 3 4-PLUS-1 vSMP) and Texas Instruments (bqTESLA wireless charging development kit)
• China Fabless of the Year– Allwinner Technology, DIOO Microcircuits and SG Micro
China ACE Awards 2013 – Editors Choice Award winners by category are:
• Executive of the Year – Wayne Dai, CEO and President of VeriSilicon
• Design Team of the Year – R&D Design Team, Superpix Micro Technology
• Innovator of the Year – Zhu Yiming, CEO and President of GigaDevice Semiconductor
• Top FAE Support – TriQuint Semiconductor and FocalTech Systems
• Top China IDH – DXY Technology
• Best Blogger – Dai Shangju
• Student of the Year – Chen Kebin, Xi’an Jiaotong University
China ACE Awards 2013 – Product Award winners by category are (in alphabetical order):
• Power Management Product of the Year – IDT (IDTP9030/IDTP9020), Linear Technology (LT8610/LT8611), O2Micro (OZ8952/OZ8953) and Texas Instruments (UCD3138)
• Test & Measurement Tool of the Year– Agilent Technologies (Infiniium 90000Q), Rohde & Schwarz (R&S®CMW500) and Tektronix (BERTScope BSA)
• China Fabless Product of the Year – CR-PowTech (PT4205), Spreadtrum Communications (SC8810) and Xi’an Semipower Electronic Technology (SW2802)
• EDA/Tool of the Year – Altium (Altium Designer), Cadence Design Systems (Cadence® Palladium® XP), Mentor Graphics (Veloce) and Microchip Technology (MPLAB® XC)
• RF/Wireless Product of the Year – AMICCOM Electronics (A7131), Broadcom (BCM4335) and NXP Semiconductors (Full-band UHF Doherty Architecture)
• Power Devices/Voltage Converter of the Year – Infineon Technologies (650V thinQ!™ SiC Diodes Generation 5), Maxim Integrated Products (The smallest size 3/8/12/18A DC-DC Converter) and NXP Semiconductors (LFPAK56D)
• Microcontroller/Memory/Interface of the Year – Freescale Semiconductor (Kinetis L series), Microchip Technology (MGC3130), STMicroelectronics (STM32F3) and Texas Instruments (Hercules™ ARM® Cortex-R4)
• Digital Processor/DSP/FPGA of the Year – Altera (Cyclone® V FPGA), Broadcom (BCM51030), MediaTek (MT6577) and Microchip Technology (dsPIC33E & PIC24E)
• Sensor/Analog Signal Conditioning Product of the Year – Analog Devices (AD8232), Freescale Semiconductor (Xtrinsic), Maxim Integrated Products (MAX4400x) and ROHM Semiconductor (Kionix accelerometers, gyroscopes and sensor fusion softwares)
• Mixed Signal Controller/Processor/System on Chip (SoC) of the Year – Freescale Semiconductor (i.MX6), Marvell Technology Group (ARMADA 1500) and Qualcomm (Snapdragon S4 MSM8X30)
• Data Conversion/Driver/Clock of the Year – Analog Devices (AD9250), Linear Technology (LTC2389-18) and Maxim Integrated Products (MAX5318)
• High Performance Components (discrete and passive components) of the Year – EPCOS (CeraLink™ capacitor), ROHM Semiconductor (VML0806), Shenzhen Eyang Technology Development (HQC series) and TE Circuit Protection (2Pro AC Devices)
The China ACE Awards 2013 received over 300 entries from international and domestic semiconductor, EDA and test companies doing business in mainland China. The event this year is sponsored by Broadcom, Freescale Semiconductor and Marvell Technology Group.